Current Obsessions #3
As the summer winds down and we’re heading to Berlin and Prague, here are a few random current loves and obsessions.
1. The Death of Stalin. Singlehandedly the most hilariously clever movie I’ve seen in a long time. Available on iTunes, Amazon, and all the usual places.
2. Clear. If you travel more than three times a year, it’s worth it. No ID, just fingerprints, and you waltz in front of all the TSA Pre-Check has-beens.
3. Malfatti glasses. Some of the coolest shapes and styles, and they make great gifts.
4. Surly small glasses. Also available in-person at Surly Brewery (and going gives you a good excuse to try the upstairs Shea-designed pizza joint). The alternative to expensive glassware, this little guy is a workhorse that is great for wine, beer tastings, amaro, etc. And you really have to want to break them, to break them.
5. Loll furniture (above). Less current, but after another summer of these bad boys being bombproof, I can’t recommend them enough for the best outdoor furniture.
6. Bar Cart. Okay, so it’s a little trendy. And you have to keep your bourbon out of direct sunlight. But I have to admit, I smile every time I walk into our loft and see our bar cart (although maybe I’m smiling because it’s always fully stocked). Ours is from Restoration Hardware, and inspired by the 1950s.
7. Aesop Resurrection hand wash. Ridiculously expensive considering that it’s, you know, soap, but great for houseguests. Imagine a restaurant spending this much for hand soap in their restrooms (looking at you, Legacy Records).
9. Arcteryx Zeta LT jacket. Hands-down the best rain jacket for men and women.
10. Nike Air VaporMax FlyKnit. I get more compliments on these than on my stupid-expensive dress shoes. The greatest slip-on shoe to travel with for walking, hiking, etc.